Job Title: Private Client Legal Secretary (Court of Protection)
Hours: Standard working hours will be 0900 hours to 1700 hours but with flexibility to arrive earlier and stay later when the job or business requires.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our client’s Court of Protection team within the Private Client department.
We are ideally looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who enjoys being busy and takes pride in organising and supporting others.
Supporting Fee Earners, tasks will include: typing, diary management, billing, credit control, financial transactions, and some of the more routine aspects of legal work. Supporting clients and will therefore have excellent interpersonal skills and gain job satisfaction from providing the highest standard of client service.
- To provide Fee Earners with the high level administrative support they need to provide seamless legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning tasks.
- To assist their allocated Fee Earners by providing proactive administrative and typing document support.
- To act as workflow manager for other support services such as Facilities in respect of the team’s work
- May carry out routine Fee Earner tasks under supervision depending upon capability and training
- To include delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work.
- To take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirement to provide exceptional service levels to both the Fee Earners and clients.
- Typing and document production.
- Management of Case Management System, Proclaim.
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and remind Fee Earners of meetings, etc., on a daily basis.
- Prepare paperwork in advance of meetings.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings, etc., and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
- Arrange, or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes, etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed; ensure that general filing requirements and record keeping requirements are met.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support Fee Earners in marketing activities, including involvement in preparation of tenders and presentations.
- Produce and mail out client invoices
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate, and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate Fee Earner, if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of the Fee Earners as required.
- Liaise with the office’s Team Leader over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant Fee Earners well in advance.
- Client Relationship Management
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm’s contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Arrange client meetings.
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word (including track change), Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools and other systems implemented by the firm such as the case management system, Proclaim.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documentation, legal processes, etc.
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://freshrecruits.co.uk/privacy-policy/